What is CliQ Mag International?
- CliQ Mag International is an online digital, and hard copy print Photography magazine specializing in Glamour, Fashion, Composites & Art.
- CliQ Mag International is an open submission, non-exclusive magazine, which allows models & photographers to feature almost any high quality photo set.
- With have an emphasis on Photo Quality, photos must be of high enough quality for approval. It is easy to submit via a CliQ Mag International Dropbox anytime.
- CliQ Mag International publishes a monthly International edition featuring our CliQ-PiQ Model of the Month.
- Join Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cliqmagintl
Who can submit?
- Models – Glamour, Fashion Photoshoots
- Actresses – Glamour Photoshoots & Movie Media
- Photographers – Glamour, Fashion, Landscape, and Composite Photographs
- Model Agencies – Model Photoshoots & Actress Photoshoots
- Publicists – Model Photo Shoots & Actress Photo Shoots
What type of photos do we accept?
- Automotive (Hot Models & Fast Cars)
- Landscape / Travel
Photo Quality - Photographers take note !
- Ask yourself would Glamour, Vogue, or Cosmo approve this photo… It must be magazine-level quality
- We accept Glamour Photos, Fashion Photos, Landscape Photos and Composite Photos.
- We do not approve blurry photos, especially if it’s the face.
- We do not approve photos that are too dark or blown out.
- Do Not Vignette your photos, we reject these.
- Do Not Brand your photos, we reject these.
- Please use the rule of thirds for composition. Compositions with lack of skill are not accepted.
- We do not allow nudity or implied nudity.
- We get several dozen submissions per issue and usually use 10--12 of those, so quality is paramount.
- It is far better to submit 50 photos than 10, it gives us more selection to choose from.
- Your photos must be retouched, the other option is our retouch service which we charge for.
- Bad Retouch, blurring the skin too much, bad technique, can also disapprove a set of photos.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- You must own the rights to publish the photos you are submitting, usually this means a model release or photographers approval.
- For a featured set – We require at least 10 photos. Ideally is up to 30+ via CliQ Mag Dropbox. So we can choose.
- Photos must be a minimum of 12 megapixel and taken from a DSLR Camera – Ideal is 20+ megapixel pro quality.
- Photos must be full size, unbranded originals. A professional retouch is also preferred. We can retouch when necessary.
- Submitted as .jpg files with the sRGB Colorspace please.
Note: A photo from a phone, will be ignored, as it is not considered a proper submission. (Yeah, we're snobs!)
- Submissions to CliQ Mag International are made using a CliQ Mag International Dropbox.
- Request a CliQ Mag International Dropbox by emailing: email@example.com and requesting one.
- Please state whether you are a model or photographer & your official name (as it should appear in the magazine, or the same as your FB Fan Page).
- Include at least one photo you plan to submit that shows your photo quality. We will approve/disapprove a Dropbox based on this.
How to use your CliQ Mag International Dropbox:
- If you are a Photographer – Create a folder for each model submission with the models name (Correctly spelled).
- If you are a Model – Create a folder for each submission with the photographers name (Correctly spelled).
- UPLOAD the Photos… Full Size, Unbranded and Retouched. Minimum 10 photos to your folder.
- Add a text file to the folder called “Credits.txt” If you would like to add any additional info (Designers, MUAHs, location, assistants).
- We will see your submissions and queue it for the next available Issue.
Can I have a Cover?
- Almost every model and photographer that submits asks for a cover, we are well aware that you want one.
- Each month from the dozens of sets submitted we chose the highest quality photo set, and sexiest model for our cover.
- Many of our cover photographers are Pro Photographers, even Master Class Trainers, however we always make allowances for amazing photos!
Common Submission Questions:
- Am I allowed to post these photos on Facebook or social media as well? – Yes you can, CliQ Mag International is a non-exclusive magazine. However, we would prefer you wait until AFTER the magazine issue you are submitting for is released.
- If I have an amazing set of photos from 4 years ago, can I submit them? Yes, there is no age restriction on photos.
- I submitted my photos but they didn’t get used, how come? This is because we get hundreds of submissions and can only choose 10-12 sets, based on quality.
- Can I share my CliQ Mag International Published Photos on Social Media, Yes, we will even provide you with digital Tear Sheets upon request.
- Is there a limit to how much I can submit? No, you could literally submit 100 sets, which we would use over time if the quality is good.
- So do you want only 10 photos or is it better to submit you 40-50? The more photos you send us, the more variety we can pick from, better to send more.
- I am not good at Photoshop retouch, can I send you untouched photos? Typically No, ask us about our retouch service, as untouched photos are never used.
- We do provide a retouch service, if you need us to retouch your photos to magazine quality. There is a small fee involved. You will have to ask us.
We now receive dozens of submissions each week. There are a few key factors when we approve photo sets for inclusion.
- Size & Quality – Most important – Magazine Quality photos at a printable resolution. larger than 3000 x 5000 pixels is normal.
- Lighting – This is photography and art magazine, so if the photos are too dark or dull they wont be accepted.
- The Model(s) – If the model in the shoot is already well known or very gorgeous, this is also taken into account.
Note: Famous Models, Actresses & Photographers have priority when making submissions for the cover. (it is commonly asked)
- By submitting photographs to CliQ Mag International you are granting full publication rights of these photos for Online and Printed Distribution.
- The Photos are non-exclusive to CliQ Mag International so can still be used by the models and photographers in other places.
- We retain the full rights to publish, edit, retouch and reproduce photos for CliQ Mag International and its publications.
- It is normal for CliQ Mag International to retouch, color correct and even reshape photos for publication purposes. Especially covers & key promotional items.
- Once photos have been submitted to CliQ Mag International , approved and deployed in the magazine, If requested to remove images from a deployed magazine, we reserve the right to decline this request. On the basis of full publication rights as listed above.
- We are under no obligation to publish specific photos or photo sets, this is purely at the Editor’s discretion.